If you’re looking for a marijuana strain with a little bit of everything, look no further than Lilac Diesel. It’s got a plethora of flavors and a well-balanced high that makes it the perfect smoke for daytime or any time that you want to feel relaxed, yet motivated, at the same time.
You can check out our behind the scenes footage on our YouTube channel to see Lilac Diesel nugs as they are curing (go to 3:14). We hunted for a high-yielding, chunky nug with a great aroma and landed on selecting this strain from Ethos Genetics. It’s got a great floral, lavender aroma, but also brings in the gassy diesel smell.
Fun fact: As a trusted brand at Smokey Okie’s, we don’t just buy any old strains. We seek out and attempt to purchase the best seeds, clones and phenos that we know are high-quality and also provide great flavor. Check out more about how we pheno hunt on our YouTube channel. We have some great pheno hunting videos around this specifically.
Lilac Diesel Lineage
Bred by Ethos Genetics, Lilac Diesel has some great strains in its parental line, including Super Lemon Haze x Forbidden Fruit; NYC Diesel x Cherry Pie; and Citral Glue. Each of these brings with it unique flavors, scents and highs. Let’s unpack the parents of Lilac Diesel to get a better understanding of how this awesome strain came to be.
- Super Lemon Haze – the dominant Sativa influence, along with the citrus punch on the nose;
- Forbidden Fruit – A berry, fruity taste and a full body high.
- NYC Diesel x Cherry Pie – the gassy, diesel coupled with sweet cherry berries for a well-balanced euphoric high.
- Citral Glue – An energizing high with earthy, diesel aromas and taste. This is where the skunk comes in.
Terps make the flavor and Lilac Diesel is not lacking flavor. It’s got two sides – a citrus, fruity, side, combined with sweet floral elements, that meets an earthy, herbal, gassy side. When you open the package of Smokey Okie’s Lilac Diesel, you get hit with the gassy, lavender smell right off the bat. You will experience the citrus fruit up front, followed by the diesel on the back end. The top three terpenes in our Lilac Diesel strain are:
Limonene is the second most abundant terpene, but not all strains have it. Limonene brings with it the tropical lemony twist that some describe as sour. This is where the fruitiness of Lilac Diesel comes from.
Myrcene is an earthy, herbal terpene and is cherished for its relaxing qualities.
- Caryophyllene – This terpene delivers spicy and peppery notes, which give Lilac Diesel its earthy taste and smell.
Lilac Diesel has a great balance when smoking and isn’t too potent for a novice. The THC levels are at the lower end, which is what makes this strain more of an uplifting strain than a sedative one. This is a great strain to select if you want to smoke marijuana, but still maintain creativity and improve your mood and energy levels. It’s also great for focusing and stimulating the brain.
It comes with a number of therapeutic benefits, as well.
We suggest Lilac Diesel for:
Because of its ability to help your cerebral function, Lilac Diesel is great for:
- Brain Fog
- Social anxiety
- Mood Swings
Also, the physical reactions to Lilac Diesel also lead to a steep increase in hunger and control over nausea, so it may be a good choice for those who struggle with those items, or who are undergoing chemotherapy.
Not all strains are the same, and sometimes strains are not the best one for you. Just like some of our other strains that are lower in THC (such as California Dream) can create issues for you if you are someone who deals with:
- Insomnia – Smoking California Dream too close to bedtime may exacerbate your insomnia. A more sedative strain is likely better for you, especially in the evening.
- Generalized Anxiety – Many people report feeling a rapid heartbeat, or feeling more talkative, so if you already struggle with anxiety, this strain may make you feel on-edge or paranoid.
- Panic attacks – Some users have indicated that Lilac diesel
Be sure to check out our full menu online, and check back on the blog for more great strain reviews so that you can be informed when you shop for your next batch.